Photo by Karolina Krabowska
Spring cleaning has become more important than simply being the season of replenishment since more people are spending more time in their home due to COVID-19. It is important to value the space you spend most of your time in to keep your immune system strong, improve your mood, and promote focus and reflection during difficult times.
Here are five ways you can benefit from spring-cleaning this year:
- Strengthen your immune system - Beyond keeping seasonal allergies under control, a clean and organized home can improve breathing by preventing respiratory issues and supporting a healthy immune system.
- Decrease Stress and Depression - Studies show that a relaxing and clutter-free home has a positive effect on people’s daily mood and ability to focus.
- Prevent Illness - Cleaning things you or several people use often can help you avoid illness and minimize the spread of viruses and bacteria.
- More healthy eating, physical activity - Since your physical home can make movement more difficult, spring cleaning can motivate you to try out a healthier lifestyle.
- Reduces risk of injury - According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 1 in 4 adults over age 65 fall each year, leading to 3 million emergency room visits. Spring is a great time to make adjustments to reduce the risk of falls.
USFHP’s TRICARE Prime plan offers comprehensive care benefits partners with you and your primary care physician (PCP) to maximize the quality and effectiveness of your health care. This includes care coaching and disease education.
Visit usfhp.net or call 1-800-241-4848 for help finding a provider or assistance scheduling an appointment.