Photo by RODNAE Productions
You are not alone. In the US, millions of people are affected by daily challenges such as stress and anxiety. In fact, one-in-five Americans experiences issues with mental wellness.
Being proactive with your mental well-being should always take first place. Early support can help a child or family member before problems interfere with other needs.
While assessing your psychological status isn’t an easy science, many conditions have a unique set of symptoms overlapping multiple disorders.
Common signs include:
- Feeling withdrawn for extended periods of time
- Severe and/or risk taking behaviors
- Sudden overwhelming fear for no reason
- Excessive use of drugs or alcohol
- Intense worries getting in the way of daily activities
- Significant weight loss or gain
If you or a loved one is dealing with similar symptoms, reach out for help. Connecting with friends and family, joining a support group, and talking with a therapist are great ways to get started.
Visit usfhp.net or call 1-800-241-4848 for help finding a provider or assistance scheduling an appointment.